Monday, February 4, 2013

How does Alzheimer's disease interrupt the Cell Cycle and how do these interruptions lead to progression?




Destiny Bl


How does Alzheimer's disease interrupt the Cell Cycle and how do these interruptions lead to progression of Alzheimer's.
I'm only in 9th grade, so please be simple haha.



Answer
Alzheimer's is caused by the accumulation of plaque in the brain. That prevents electrical signals in the brain from going through. I wouldn't really say Alzheimer's disease interrupts the cell cycle.

What happens to Alzheimer's patients with no one to care for them and not very much money?




Maddy M


Do they go to state hospitals? How bad are state hospitals?

Would they be able to provide better care than a low quality old person's home? That's all we'd realistically be able to provide. Thanks!



Answer
Medicare would pay for a nursing home, but unfortunately, most all nursing homes are just hell with a fresh coat of paint.

I know this because my mother spent some time in a few nursing/rehab homes after shoulder surgery. They suck beyond belief.... Either myself or my Dad were there during the day, every day, to monitor the idiots they hire to work there, but at night she was by herself. She would call for someone to help her to the bathroom and would have to wait up to 30 minutes or more.

Two out of the three nursing homes she was in, her shoulder was re-dislocated due to the CNA's not following the surgeon's orders on handling my mother's arm. Which resulted in two additional surgeries to fix her shoulder again.

The rule of thumb that I learned was all the good, caring, competent nurses go to the major hospitals to work, and all the flunkies end up as CNA's in nursing homes....

So, to answer your question, I have no experience with State Hospitals, but they can't be any worse than some of the better nursing homes. Like I said, they're like hell with a fresh coat of paint.

Good Luck

Can I start an Alzheimer's charity even when there is an Association for it?




angelkisse


I have always wanted to gradually start up my own charity for Alzheimer's, even though there is already an Alzheimer's Association. Can I legally do this? I know it will take a lot of time, planning, money and research and I'm prepared to dedicate that to it. The point is, can I do this?

Thanks!



Answer
Your mission statement cannot duplicate any organization that already exists otherwise the IRS will not grant you tax exempt status. Suggest you learn what you can about current nonprofits that serve Alzheimer sufferers and ensure yours is different.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment