Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What is a good health insurance policy for me and my husband?

What is a good health insurance policy for me and my husband? on with some blessings for my readers and others. If you will all join me ...



Skye7112


He just lost his job, and I am self-employed. We are looking for something with a high deductible, maybe dental coverage as well. Any thoughts on a good policy that isn't really expensive?


Answer
I think that the best insur would be the one that is most popular in your area as there will be more participating dr/hospitals. Try calling your local Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They offer individual accts. If your husband had coverage with his prior employer he may qualify for COBRA although quite expensive. Going with an individ. acct would be cheaper but you wouldn't get dental or vision. Also keep in mind that most of the individ. plans out there have a pre-existing clause and/or underwriting requirements. Again I would call the major health insurance companies in your area and see what individ. products they have to offer. Also look to see what your state offers. Most states realize that adults need coverage and they have a basic plan for low income families that make too much for welfare but too little to pay for full coverage elsewhere. Good Luck!!

What are some really good health foods for non meat eaters?




Sissy_Pooh


I don't eat meat but i cant stand veggies either.I am getting kinda bigger to.Im about 114 lbs.It might not be a lot but im shortish and it makes me seem huge.I need something yummy that makes my skinny.I Think.


Answer
I like to make a roll up without the meat. I take a tortilla & I put cream cheese (chive and onion), I chop up celery and peppers then roll it up and cut it into sections, but only if you want to.

Or the same thing without the pepper and the tortilla, lettuce, chopped up celery, and maybe some nuts w/ ranch or salad dressing.

It boosts your energy for about 3 or 4 hours and its healthy.

Is United American Insurance actually good health insurance. It seems a little too good to be true?




Sarahlynn


I'm overweight and desperately need insurance. They're just about the only ones who have been willing to help me.


Answer
RUN from UAI. (Just my personal opinion...I'm an insurance broker). I have seen too many people hurt by lack of information and/or misguided agent.

Without knowing your age and depending on your weight and the reason you "desperately need insurance", an indemnity (not major coverage) type policy may be the only thing available to you. These policies are not meant to cover bills, but only assist with daily payments to help you pay for deductibles, daily living expenses, or however you chose, in the event of hospitalization. However if you just need a basic policy that will cover some doctor visits and pharmacy benefits there are some insurance policies that are "Guaranteed Issue." Assurant Health is coming out with a plan in Mid August. It will not cover hospital stays or major surgery. It is only meant to offer assistance with general doctor visits. You will be able to find information about the policy on their website (Time Insurance division). I don't know what area you live in, so I can't direct you to a specific broker, but if you decide to call a local agent, make sure they represent more than just one company -ideally 4 or 5.

As a side note, some companies offer full benefits after 30 days or less. Citigroup call centers, for example, offer benefits FIRST day! Something like that may be an option to look into.

I wish I could be more helpful, but without being able to sit down with you and go over specifics, that is the best I can offer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment