Friday, February 8, 2013

What do in-network and out- network mean in regards to choosing health insurance?

network health
 on Wave3, The New Era in Network Marketing by Richard Poe,
network health image



smellmybut


I am choosing a health insurance to benefit myself, but i am not sure what in-network and out-network means so therefore i cannot make my decision. Does anyone know what these two mean? Anything you know helps!


Answer
In-Network means choosing one of the plan's providers that has agreed to a pre-set formula for reimbursement. You usually pay a lower deductible for using In-Network providers.

Out-Network means the provider has not agreed to the reimbursement formula of the insurance plan. You will often pay a higher deductible, but you get to choose any doctor you like.

Where can I find recommendations for medical providers in my health insurance network?




hmcgavoc


I recently changed jobs, and moved to a new city. With new health insurance, and so many in-network providers, I'd like to know if there's a website or something where I can see personal reviews on doctors?


Answer
You can get free reports on doctors here. http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/physicians_start.html

What is the best health insurance that covers out of network psychotherapy?




Vivien


I have a choice of GHI HMO, Aetna HMO, Cigna, HIP. I want to go out of network. Does anyone have any experience? I am sick of how insurance companies hide this information.


Answer
You most certainly do not want to go with an HMO. They do not allow you to go out of network and pay for it. PPO at least allows you a broader spectrum of DR's and will pay some on the out of network. Usually all of these policies come with an additional and optional psychotherapy plan to go with it, like Value options mental health.

There are companies out there that offer these additional insurances out there, but you will have to weigh the cost vs the health visit.

Just make sure you are clear on deductibles, out of pocket maximum and what percentage you pay for both in network and out of network.

Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment