Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Why is health food more expensive than fast food?

Why is health food more expensive than fast food? on is about why healthier food choices are more expensive than fast food ...



Halle H


I think it's pretty sickening that you have to pay a wholeeee bunch of money for soy products, but you can go to McDonalds and get a cheeseburger for $1.00.

Does anyone know why this is?

Because right now I'm pretty stumped.



Answer
Simple. Health food is higher quality food, fast food is lower quality food. Since higher quality products cost more to make than lower quality products, they cost more to the consumer. Thus, health food costs more than fast food.

What are my best options for packaging foods to sell to health food stores?




madgone82


I am starting my own business selling prepared foods to health food stores. A number of the things that I want to sell are going to need to be packaged in sealed plastic bags (e.g. flax crackers, etc.). In order to do this, do I need to buy my own sealer as well as the bags? Can I just buy bags with that are already resealable? Can anyone suggest a good source to buy these products from?


Answer
Doubt very much if your going to be able to sell to a store. There is laws on how the food has to be and also how it is to be packaged and the kind of label it must have on it. Most stores have orders sent to them from a factory

Is Spirulina good for you, or is it just some hippie health food crap?




Mr. Hat


Seriously, I can't find a decent, unbiased answer anywhere. Does that stuff really do anything special?


Answer
Spirulina is a good source of minerals and nutrients, but if you are eating a well balanced diet, its not necessary. You should be able to get all the nutrients you need by eating plenty of fresh green leafy veggies, a variety of fruits, and good whole grains




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment